TITLE: Senior Auditor
JOB FIELD: Internal Audit & Control
• The Senior Auditor is responsible for overseeing internal operating controls, processes and practices.
• He/she is also charged with ensuring existing organizational policies and controls are current, adequate, functional and utilized in accordance with standards established by the government and the organization.
• Accountable for the development and coordination of the organization’s internal auditing activities.
• Develop and implement internal auditing policies, procedures, and program.
• Developing testing methodologies to evaluate the adequacy of controls
• Review of accounting procedures.
• Survey functions and activities in assigned areas to determine the nature of operations, and adequacy of the system of internal control to achieve established objectives.
• Supervise or conduct independent audits of records and activities, and prepare varied analyses of the departments, and branches for management.
• Planning and performing operational and financial audits.
• Investigate and determine causes of irregularities, and errors.
• Advise top management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors on audit, and internal control matters.
• Manages subordinate employees in the auditing department towards achieving set objectives.
• Identifying business process risks.
• Developing recommendations and reports based on audits and presenting these ideas to senior management
• A minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in financial business operations and risk-based auditing.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Audit, Finance or related disciplines.
• Possess relevant qualifications such as ACA, CFE, CFAN etc.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in auditing; internal audit standards, ethics & fraud awareness Proactive in researching business best practice concepts in order to apply as appropriate.
• I.T proficiency.
• Solid listening & inquisition skills with the ability to identify gaps in processes.
• Strong Analytical, communication & strategic thinking skills.
• Strong organization and follow up skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team and ensure desired results.
• Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and to adapt to change.