JobTitle: Investment Research Analyst
- The role primarily supports the portfolio managers’ and other Analysts to combine top-down macroeconomic analysis with rigorous company-specific and bottom-up fundamental analysis to find high quality businesses with sustainable competitive advantages.
- Support the Portfolio Managers in analyzing current and prospective portfolio holdings and will contribute to generating investment ideas across different asset classes and industries
- Support the Portfolio Manager and other Analysts in researching and identifying individual companies that are likely to outgrow their competitors or that are mispriced and offer high prospects of superior returns
- Perform fundamental research including company visits, business valuation analysis, building complex financial models, meeting with company managements, attending industry conferences, among other investment related activities
- Analyze the balance sheets, profit and loss accounts and cash flow statements of selected corporates with particular focus on the notes to the accounts
- Attend investment conferences and participate in conference calls
- Prepare periodic reports for the monthly commentaries on company’s fund and third party funds
- Prepare brief written reports on selected investment opportunities
- A minimum of second class (Honours) lower division in Economics, Finance, or Business related discipline.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in buy-side or sell-side fundamental research role
- Strong interest in Global Financial Markets
- CFA Charter holder or commitment to completing the CFA program is an added advantage.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Quick learner, comfortable dealing with ambiguous, fluid situations.
- Analytical & critical thinking skills; ability to make good decisions when faced with ambiguous complex/ data.
Toapply send CV in WORD DOCUMENT to firstname.lastname@example.org