Job Title: Head Market Risk
Grade: AM- DM
The role will primarily be responsible for the formulation of Market Risk Strategy and ensuring that all relevant market risks of the Bank are identified, well understood, adequately measured and reported within market risk management framework.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop a comprehensive market risk policy that translate the BOD’s objectives and risk tolerances into explicit detailed standards that are well understood by Bank personnel’s and consistent with the Board’s intent.
• Define and implement appropriate Risk Management frame work and policies for identification, management, control and reporting of market and liquidity risks of international businesses
• Allocate adequate number of staff members with the necessary knowledge and experience to execute the relevant operations and assign such staff the authority necessary for implementing the operations
• Seek approval from the CRO and ALCO/BRMC/BOD for market risk policy or framework implementation.
• Recommend strategies such as hedging, limits and portfolio management for managing market risks.
• Review current and forward issues, limits and utilisation; and proposing risk appetite levels for the CRO and ALCO
• Conduct Mark to Market(MTM) and/or Mark to Model valuation of the Bank’s asset portfolio and complete Bank portfolio
• Conduct risk measurement exercise for interest rate products and equity positions falling under trading book and Foreign Exchange (FOREX) positions within the trading and Banking book
• Develop appropriate strategies, policies and procedures for identification, assessment, control, monitoring and reporting with respect to interest rate risk management and seek approval from ALCO
• Recommend to ALCO risk limits and monitor compliance with approved limits. Support CRO or Head of Risk Management in drafting and implementing policies and procedures for exceptions to the policies established by ALCO.
• A first Degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline Plus recognized professional certification such as ACIB, CFA, CIS, ACCA, ACA, CFP etc.
• Min of 10 years post qualification experience in risk management.
• Must have good knowledge of Asset Liability Management
• Must have Sound knowledge of sources and uses of fund, liquidity management techniques and behavioral nature of funds
• Must have a good knowledge of Treasury products and their inherent risks
• Must have up to date on developments within the Macro and money market space.
• Good knowledge of Basel II/III accord
• Good knowledge of CBN Basel framework for Nigeria Deposit Money Banks
• Good knowledge of statistical risk measurement techniques e.g. VaR. etc.
Please send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org