TITLE: Head, Finance & Accounts
JOB FIELD: Finance & Accounts
The Head, Finance & Accounts is responsible for overall financial management, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation of the company.
• Leads the company’s financial accounting, reporting and control activities; ensuring they are carried out efficiently and line with best practice and statutory requirements.
• To provide accurate and timely financial services including setting monthly budgets, forecasts, cash flow analysis, management and financial accounts and advice support inform decision making at all level.
• To manage the annual audit process in conjunction with the appointed external auditors to ensure statutory accounts are produced within the required timelines.
• Monitors financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions, minimizing the impact of the variances.
• Coordinates and ensures regular ALCO Meetings and following up on matters arising from such meetings.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Ensure timely preparation and rendition of Audited Financial Statements (AFS) and the timely filing of the AFS with the relevant statutory agencies.
• Responsible for month-end and year-end accounting period close of process and monthly trial balance review to ensure integrity and correctness of the company’s accounting records.
• Coordinates the preparation and renditions of statutory returns and compliance within the statutory provisions.
• Ensures Quality Control over financial transactions and financial reporting by ensuring timely trial balance review, preparation of schedules to accounts and bank reconciliation reports.
• Develops annual operating budgets as well as all project budgets and oversees them.
• Manage and comply with Local, State and Federal Government statutory requirements and tax filings.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
• In-depth knowledge of accounting principles, laws and best practices.
• Professional membership of ICAN, ACCA etc.
• Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting.
• B.Sc. /BA Accounting, Finance and related courses.
• I.T Proficiency.
• M.Sc./MBA is a plus.
• An analytical mind with strategic abilities.
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, complex environment and to adapt to change.