Job Title: Group Head, Finance & Accounts/Chief Financial Officer
Job Summary: There is an exciting new opportunity for a vast experience financial officer to sit as a group head for a top boutique investment firm.
• The Group Head, Finance & Accounts/Chief Financial Officer will be responsible for ensuring timely provision of relevant and reliable financial information to stakeholders.
• The successful candidate will also ensure adequate control systems and processes are in place to secure the assets of the organization and efficiently implement the financial policies/procedures of the Company in line with generally accepted accounting policies.
• The Group Head Finance & Accounts/ Chief Financial Officer will report directly to the Group Managing Director and indirectly to the Group Board Investment Committee as well as the Group Board Finance & General-Purpose Committee. He/she will directly supervise the Subsidiary Heads of Accounts, Group Accountant, Group Head Asset Management, Group Head Facilities Management and indirectly supervise the Group Head IT.
In fulfilling his or her responsibilities, The successful Candidate will:
• Monitor compliance with the Group’s cost management practices, credit management policies and procedures.
• Monitor the maintenance of fixed assets inventory/register and performance of annual budget.
• Review and endorse capital expenditure requisition for all units within the Group.
• Oversee preparation of comprehensive, proactive and timely financial and management information, including tax, cash flow and statutory accounts.
• Provide direction for the proper management reporting on the performance of the Group.
• Design and monitor implementation of systems and controls to ensure compliance with tax and other financial regulatory provisions.
• Develop and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the finance function.
• Oversee consolidated finance budget preparation and develop financial plans and credit policies.
Job Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or any related discipline.
• Master’s degree in business related discipline is desirable.
• Professional certification in Accounting.
• Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ work experience in Financial Services industry, five (5) of which must be at Senior Management level.
• Good knowledge of global financial markets, financial accounting, and information management.
• Good leadership and managerial skills.
Suitable candidates should send their profiles to firstname.lastname@example.org