To market, acquire, and maintain high net worth personal and corporate clients (i.e investors with USD 1 million + in liquid assets for investment) in a compliant manner.
To act as a high level point of contact for potential and existing clients located in-country. To ensure that clients’ local needs in terms of correspondence and local support are met and exceeded.
To manage the local office, supervising office staff, operational procedures, managing the local office budget, and undertaking business development initiatives.
Regular team performance reporting to management. Training and mentoring of junior staff, overseeing compliance procedures, reviewing operations in order to improve service standards.
Know how & experience:
- Minimum of 7-10 years banking, relationship management, investment management and business development experience.
- For non-banking professionals,minimum 7-10 years experience in direct sales, marketing, or businessconsultancy
- Appropriate professional qualification issued by an approved body. ( or actively studying towards suchqualification)
- Comprehensive knowledge of domestic and international banking products / services and procedures, treasury structures, equity markets, mutual funds, fiduciary services and other personal investment services.
- Marketing, sales, investment counseling and analytical skills
- Strong ability to network withand develop new business from existing client network and external professional intermediaries.
- Ability to manage and motivatea team, leading by example, producing excellent business results.
- Excellent interpersonal,communication and presentation skills, ability to deal with all levels ofpeople, often in complex and difficult situations.
- Be aware of all relevant information concerning a client when interacting particularly KYC, PEP, SAR andrisk status.
- To report suspicious transactions to line management / authorities as required. - Ability to learn and develop technical competency with regards to evolving banking, investment and financing products.
- Exceptional ability to confidently discuss financial matters with a diverse base of potential /existing clients. Proven ability to acquire new business. An innovative and productive approach to business development.
- Ability to formulate and manage a successful calling program in order to meet and exceed quarterly and annual targets.
- Articulate and well organized with a highly developed sense of priorities.
- Persuasive and credible among clients and colleagues. Adaptable,flexible, and able to thrive on challenges whilst handling a multitude of tasks and responsibilities.
- Self motivated with drive,energy and initiative. Integrity, honesty and total commitment to the requirement to maintain client confidentiality.
- Demonstrable interest in local and international finance, economics and politics - A team leader, able to manage a team ofcommercially oriented staff members.
- Entrepreneurial approach to business development
- Internationally recognized professional qualification in banking, investment management, funds managementor securities. Otherwise, to be willing to train towards such qualification.